Lisa has been working in legal practice for over 12 years and she qualified as a solicitor in September 2012. She specialises in civil litigation and has acted for clients in a wide range of disputes. She has particular expertise in professional negligence claims and disputes relating to wills and inheritance. She has experience in the County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal.
Lisa is approachable and calm. She ensures she understands her clients, their circumstances and objectives. She identifies the key issues at an early stage guiding them through the process and clearly explaining their options in order to achieve the best outcome for them.
Lisa advises on the following issues:
- disputes about wills, inheritance or contentious probate- such claims include challenging the validity of a will and claims for financial provision where the deceased has not made reasonable financial provision;
- professional negligence claims against architects, surveyors, accountants, lawyers and other professionals;
- claims where your private information has been misused or where there has been a breach of your data protection;
- disputes relating to jointly owned property- these claims may include disputes between partners, relatives or friends over what your share in a property is or how much of any sale proceeds you should receive or when you are in disagreement about whether a property should be sold;
- debt recovery claims;
- property disputes;
- Landlord and Tenant claims;
- contract disputes
Examples of recent cases
Lisa has recently:
- Successfully defended a professional negligence claim arising from allegations that incorrect advice was given in family proceedings resulting in loss of contact with children / inability to enforce financial orders in Germany.
- Successfully pursued a professional negligence claim against solicitors and a barrister for a client when they had issued proceedings against the wrong Defendant and the claim was time barred.
- Represented a Defendant who was accused of breach of fiduciary duty / civil fraud arising from allegations that she had stolen £1.3 million from her employer.
- Successfully recovered damages for a client who was a victim of phone hacking which resulted in the publication of private information in the national press.
- Negotiated a settlement at mediation of an Inheritance Act claim which was being pursued by the client’s brother.
- Represented a Las Vegas hotel in defending a personal injury claim which was being pursued by a UK resident who had an accident whilst on holiday. For commercial reasons a settlement was negotiated.
- Successfully pursued damages claims for several clients in claims against local authorities and NHS Trusts for misuse of private information, breach of human rights and breach of data protection.
Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution advice across Kent
Lisa is based in our Chatham office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Lisa, please call 01580 76 22 48 or email email@example.com.
We offer an initial appointment with Lisa to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT.