Entering into business arrangements outside the UK can be difficult but certainly not impossible. Legal documentation you may be required to submit will need to be verified as authentic in order to be accepted by foreign authorities, and to do this you will need the assistance of a Notary.
A Notary is specifically qualified to witness and verify documents are real and true. Their stamp is recognised by authorising bodies in foreign countries and provides a guarantee of validity. Many different documents can require the need to be notarised, most commonly including passports and travel documents, articles of association, corporate power of attorney certificates and property ownership deeds.
At Pengelly & Rylands we have two fully qualified notaries within our team, Jasvinder Gill and Karen Du Rocher. Operating through Hatten Wyatt Notaries LLP, they can provide notarial services to support UK and foreign businesses in a range of situations:
For UK businesses:
- applying to set up a company abroad;
- applying for a foreign loan or mortgage;
- providing proof that a UK company has been validly incorporated and is solvent;
- providing proof that a UK company has the legal capacity to enter a commercial contract;
- assisting with the sale or purchase of foreign property;
- assisting with the sale or purchase of foreign shares and investments;
- completion of visa applications for UK-based employees and directors wishing to work abroad
- the bringing or defending of legal proceedings in another country.
For foreign businesses
- applying to set up a company in the UK;
- applying for a UK loan or mortgage;
- providing proof that a foreign company has been validly incorporated and is solvent;
- providing proof that a foreign company has the legal capacity to enter a commercial contract;
- assisting with the sale or purchase of UK-based property;
- assisting with the sale or purchase of UK-based shares and investments;
- completion of visa applications for foreign employees and directors wishing to work in the UK; and
- the bringing or defending of legal proceedings in the UK.
Notarial services for individuals are also available, as are legalisation and apostille services where documents need to be certified by the Foreign Office or an embassy or consulate.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Maidstone, Gravesend and Chatham where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if the need arises, as well as conference calls via skype where appropriate.
The cost of notarial services will depend on the volume and type of documents that need notarising. We will happily provide a quotation after discussing your requirements.
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help. Alternatively, complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Further information can be found at www.hw-notaries.com.