When you require the care of a medical professional you expect unquestionably to be able to trust the treatment and standards you experience will be delivered at a certain level. Unfortunately this is not always the case and in that scenario you are well within your rights to enlist the help of a medical negligence professional to seek the justice you deserve.
You can act on behalf of a family member or spouse if they have been a victim of negligence and are now suffering preventable mental or physical health problems, or most severely, have died as a result. Negligence can cover a multitude of occurrences, misdiagnosis, undiagnosed symptoms, substandard facilities or equipment, care home or hospital abuse, anywhere or anyone that provides any sort of medical treatment will fall into this category.
There are of course stringent time frames in place should you wish to proceed in opening your case so it is of paramount importance that you contact us as soon as possible after the event has occurred.
Our highly trained Medical Negligence solicitors have a wealth of expertise to advise and guide you with, which includes handling:
- claims against hospitals and GPs for failing to spot serious illness, misdiagnosing a condition, carrying out inappropriate treatment, failing to provide the correct treatment, mistakes made in surgery, the mismanagement of pregnancy or childbirth, failing to seek a second opinion or to make a referral where justified, providing inadequate aftercare and the neglect of basic personal healthcare needs;
- claims against dentists for failing to spot gum disease or oral cancer, badly performed root canal treatment, the unnecessary removal of heathy teeth, temporary or permanent nerve damage and poor orthodontic work;
- claims against opticians for failing to spot eye cancer or other diseases likely to affect vision, unnecessarily prescribing glasses, failing to prescribe glasses where appropriate and fitting contact lenses where not recommended;
- claims against cosmetic surgeons for mistakes made in surgery or for providing unnecessary, inappropriate or poorly performed treatment or for using unlicensed products; and
- claims against care homes for failing to use specialist lifting equipment, not providing appropriate mobility aids, administering inappropriate medication, failing to provide required medication and failing to ensure general patient safety.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Maidstone, Chatham and Gravesend where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in hospital. Meetings via skype are also possible for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
Most medical negligence cases can be funded under a conditional fee agreement which means there will usually be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
For clients not eligible for conditional fee funding we can offer flexible payment terms to help you budget for the payment of legal fees. We can also offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT.
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you are in need of our help. Alternatively, complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.