Issues concerning family can often be the most stressful situation you may find yourself in. Our family law team are compassionate, understanding, and will listen and advise you at the pace you feel comfortable with. Family law can cover a multitude of needs, from adoption, divorce, any parenting conflicts, protection of yourself and/or dependents from harm or abuse, and our team have a wealth of knowledge ready and waiting to assist you should the need arise.
We will always work with the aim of managing your case without conflict with the third party concerned where possible. In many cases, mediation can be an excellent way of avoiding court proceedings where appropriate however this of course will be assessed on its suitability on a case by case basis.
Our team of experienced family lawyers can help with:
- wealth protection and prenuptial agreements for unmarried couples or soon to be husbands, wives and civil partners;
- filing and responding to divorce proceedings or civil partnership dissolutions including all financial elements that need to be considered
- any situations where children are involved including custody, visitation rights and logistics of moving them abroad
- parenting issues where a parental responsibility order from the court may be needed to ensure both parents have an equal say about decisions affecting their children’s lives, or where there are issues around fertility and surrogacy;
- family care proceedings where a local authority has indicated an intention to remove your child or to insert them in to the adoption system
- protecting your family where you have been victims of domestic violence and/or abuse
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Maidstone, Gravesend and Chatham where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by Skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal Aid
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £120 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget. Legal aid may also be available in certain cases and is normally always available for defending care proceedings and taking steps to protect against domestic violence or child abuse
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Please let us know if you are in a particularly sensitive situation when and via which method is best to contact you on.