Workmanship not delivered to the expected standard is unacceptable and should not be ignored. If you have invested your time and money in a professional and are not satisfied that the job carried out has been done in the way they claimed it would be then you may have a case to pursue of professional negligence. Do be aware that these type of cases come with strict timescales within which a claim has to be made so do not delay in seeking advice.
What do I have to prove?
In order to progress with a negligence claim you will need to provide evidence that what has been received in the way of service or product from the business in questions is substandard and you have therefore suffered a financial loss as a result of additional or remedial works needing to be done to rectify this.
Who you can claim against?
A claim for professional negligence can be brought against anyone who provides a service which is generally accepted as requiring a certain degree of expertise or skill and where the professional has represented themselves as having that skill set. This could be for example via their website, promotional materials you have been shown, face to face or online communication or qualifications listed as achieved. Many professional services can be claimed against, including but not limited to:
- surveyors, architects, engineers or builders;
- accountants, financial advisors, insurance brokers or professional trustees;
- solicitors, conveyancers or barristers; and
- IT experts or software developers.
How we can help
Our experienced team of professional negligence solicitors can help you to:
- obtain any relevant paperwork to establish what has gone wrong and whether a negligence claim may be possible;
- prepare a formal letter to the professional setting out details of your claim including details of what you consider they have done wrong and inviting them to provide their response before consideration is given to pursuing a claim at court;
- try to negotiate an amicable settlement of your claim; and
- make a claim at court where an out of court settlement cannot be reached.
Should your professional negligence claim be against the medical industry, our expert medical negligence team will support you throughout the process.
Advising individuals throughout Tenterden, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Maidstone where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or via skype where appropriate.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.