There are many different areas that commercial property can be affected by, but our experts are here to assist you however you may need. Your commercial property is not only a significant asset and investment, but also one of the back bones of your business.
As such it is important to have specialist, accurate legal advice should any issues arise. Commercial property doesn’t have to be restricted to an individual building, we can help you with as many properties as you need, from Land Registry registrations for one to tenant agreement breaches and lease renewals on another.
Drawing on their broad range of experience, our solicitors can assist with:
Commercial property development
- land acquisitions and disposals, including via joint venture;
- conversion projects;
- conditional sales, options and overage agreements;
- planning requirements, particularly around retail, industrial and agricultural sites;
- financing arrangements;
- the release of restrictive covenants;
- issues concerning boundaries and rights of access;
- site assembly; and
- plot sales.
Buying and selling commercial property
- sale and purchase negotiations;
- property requisitions and enquiries;
- verification of legal title;
- resolution of title defects;
- preparation and completion of transfer documents; and
- registration of title at the Land Registry.
Landlord and tenant
- lease negotiations;
- lease agreements;
- rent deposits and guarantees;
- requests to make alterations;
- requests for permission to assign or sublet;
- break clause notices;
- service charge queries;
- dilapidation claims;
- lease renewals; and
- issues around termination.
Our dispute team can help should you find yourself involved in a commercial property conflict. Additionally if you are looking to buy or sell abroad our Notary team can verify and authenticate any necessary paperwork required.
Advising businesses throughout Tenterden, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Chatham, Tonbridge, Maidstone and Gravesend where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if needed, or via a skype conference call where appropriate.
The cost of commercial property advice depends on your requirements. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.