Managing your personal affairs or those of a loved one can be difficult for a variety of reasons. You may feel that should your mental capacity diminish in the future there would not be anyone close to you that you would be confident in trusting to do so on your behalf, or that it would cause conflict within your family should only one person be allocated that responsibility on behalf of another family member.
This is where the services of a professional trustee would be invaluable. Involving an impartial third party can ensure that any decisions that need to be made can be done so on a totally neutral basis, with the aim solely of achieving the best outcome for all those involved.
Working alongside your family, a professional trustee can:
- ensure your affairs are handled in accordance with your wishes;
- ensure your best interests are protected at all times;
- ensure money is invested wisely;
- ensure the needs of you and your family continue to be met;
- prevent money being wasted or misappropriated;
- help make it easier to reach difficult decisions or to achieve consensus on controversial issues; and
- ensure all legal requirements are complied with so your family does not have to worry about this.
Pengelly & Rylands solicitors offer a professional trustee service through our Private Client team which enables you to appoint one of our solicitors, either alone or in conjunction with someone else, to act as:
- a trustee under the terms of a trust, established to ensure, for example, the careful management of a personal injury compensation payment or the preservation of money held in a family trust fund;
- an attorney under the terms of a lasting power of attorney, created to ensure someone of your choosing has authority to make decisions on your behalf if you become unable to make them yourself;
- a deputy under the terms of a deputyship order made by the Court of Protection where no lasting power of attorney exists; and
- an executor under the terms of your will, to ensure your affairs are in order and your estate is distributed according to your wishes.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Chatham, Maidstone and Gravesend where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your home, in hospital or in a care facility or via skype where appropriate.
An initial appointment to discuss your requirements can be arranged from £95 plus VAT. After that we can agree funding arrangements to suit your budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help. Alternatively please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.