If you have been accused of any criminal offence, from the minor misdemeanour to the really serious acts, it is imperative that you contact a solicitor at the very earliest opportunity. Your legal representative will ensure that all of your rights are upheld and that the procedures followed are correct and within jurisdiction. They will support you at the police station, following bail or in the run up and actual event of a court case.
Additionally, being arrested is a daunting and frightening experience. Your solicitor will also help to give you peace of mind and support in a very troubling time for you. They will always act in your best interests and make sure your treatment is fair and appropriate.
It is important to remember that legal advice at the police station is free, regardless of your income or savings. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help where you are charged with an offence and the case will go to court.
From advising you at the police station to representing you at court, our criminal law specialists can manage allegations including but not restricted to:
- murder, manslaughter and causing death by dangerous driving;
- assault, including grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm;
- sexual offences, including rape, child exploitation and the downloading of indecent images;
- domestic violence, mental or physical abuse including gaslighting and coercive or controlling behaviour;
- harassment and stalking;
- drug possession, drug dealing or drug importation;
- possession of an offensive weapon or bladed article;
- theft, ranging from shoplifting to stealing from your employer;
- fraud and other crimes of dishonesty
- motoring offences, including causing injury by dangerous driving, speeding, driving without insurance, improper mobile phone usage and failing to stop after an accident.
They will also represent you at trial, sentencing hearings and if you wish to appeal against a conviction or sentence.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
Our lawyers are based in Tenterden, Maidstone, Gravesend and Chatham and cover the whole of Kent. They can also help clients based further afield and regularly represent people in the London Crown Courts.
They can visit you at the police station or in prison if you have been remanded in custody. Meetings can also be arranged at one of our offices or at your place of business or via Skype where appropriate if needed.
For privately paying clients we offer an initial appointment from £95 plus VAT. This provides us with an opportunity to assess your case and give initial advice. Any further work beyond this will be quoted for at a competitive rate.
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help or alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
For urgent advice outside of office hours, including police station representation, please call 07740 611 507, 07740 611 508 or 07703 829401.