Commercial properties change hands every day and while the frequency with which deals are done may suggest the process is straightforward, the complexity associated with commercial transactions means that this is very rarely the case.
There will more often than not be tight deadlines, the transfer might be part of a larger corporate scheme or arrangement and there may be tax planning considerations determining how the deal is structured. It is also possible that an offer to buy may be conditional on planning permission being obtained or that a sale may be subject to existing tenants agreeing to leave for vacant possession to be provided.
Evaluating these issues is part and parcel of the sale and purchase process and is something your lawyer will deal with alongside the formalities required to transfer a commercial property into or out of your name.
With the right help and support getting the deal over the line is rarely a problem, particularly at Pengelly and Rylands Solicitors where we are fortunate to have a team of property experts on board who are committed to getting the job done.
Drawing on many years of combined experience, our commercial property lawyers will ensure that:
the terms of your sale or purchase are quickly agreed;
where the deal is subject to planning permission, an option or conditional sale agreement is negotiated together an overage agreement if appropriate;
- restrictive covenants over land use will not affect planned business activities;
- redundant or problem covenants are removed if possible;
- legal title to the property is in order;
- any defects in title are addressed;
- satisfactory answers are provided to property enquiries or as part of a wider corporate due diligence exercise;
- appropriate finance arrangements are in place;
- existing lease arrangements are viewed and actioned as appropriate;
- transfer papers are drafted and executed;
- stamp duty land tax is paid;
- the transaction completes on time and in conjunction with linked transactions if needed;
- any outstanding mortgages and charges are settled; and
- the transaction is registered with the Land Registry.
We can also help if there is an ongoing commercial property dispute that needs to be resolved or if you require the services of a notary public to authenticate paperwork to be used to buy or sell commercial property abroad.
Advising businesses throughout Tenterden, Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Chatham and Gravesend where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if needed, or via a skype conference call if you are out of the country.
The cost of dealing with the sale or acquisition of a commercial property depends on the circumstances. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.
Get in touch with our commercial property solicitors in Tenterden, Kent
If you need help to buy or sell commercial property, or with any other corporate and commercial issue, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01580 762248 or use our contact form and we will call you.