Commercial Property is hugely important for all businesses regardless of which industry category they may fall in. From warehouses to offices, farm land to shops, the last problem you need is for disputes to arise in this area. If your business owns, develops or occupies premises then you can face a variety of unexpected challenges, many of which may not be of your doing.
Working side by side on each individual case, our Conveyancing and Litigation teams will come together with you to give you the best advice possible on how to progress your case. Taking a conciliatory approach wherever possible, but ready to defend your legal rights and commercial interests through the courts if necessary, our solicitors can assist with disputes relating to:
- the location of boundaries;
- right of access and rights of way;
- adjoining property, including disputes about contamination and environmental damage;
- property insurance claims;
- business rates, including eligibility to apply for reliefs and exemptions;
- development issues, including those arising out of option agreements, overage agreements and conditional sale contracts;
- planning matters;
- professional negligence claims against architects, surveyors, structural engineers and construction companies;
- the sale and purchase of commercial property; and
- landlord and tenant issues, including disputes concerning rent deposits, authorised guarantee agreements, the exercise of break clauses, breaches of lease terms, requests for assignment or subletting, the carrying out of alterations or repairs, forfeiture and possession proceedings, applications for lease renewal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and tenant insolvency issues.
In some cases it may be plausible to advance towards mediation before entering into official litigation. We can direct and guide you through your options and then move forwards how you see most fit. If you need help to resolve a dispute about a residential property you own or occupy, we also have our residential property dispute resolution lawyers on hand to provide advice and support.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Gravesend, Chatham and Maidstone where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your place of business or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.