Long gone are the days when joint ventures only happened within large businesses. The amount of Small and Medium Enterprises looking to branch out and join forces with another, or several other businesses is rapidly rising. However, when you increase the size or the scope, so too is there the potential for increased risk, and it is so important that as many terms, conditions and safeguards are put in place as possible to avoid any further issues or disputes in the future.
Within our Company and Commercial team we have experienced and knowledgeable solicitors who are experts in helping businesses put joint ventures together. They can:
- advise you on the best operating model, whether that is a partnership, LLP or company, or via a standalone contractual arrangement;
- arrange new company incorporation, including the preparation of a memorandum, articles of association and shareholder agreement;
- negotiate terms and conditions which clearly define the identity of the parties, the purpose of the joint venture, its geographic reach, each party’s respective contribution, how operating costs and profits will be shared, governance arrangements, the decision-making process, exit provisions and a mechanism for bringing the joint venture to an end;
- deal with any employment law aspects where existing members of staff will be assigned to the joint venture or new personnel will be recruited; and
- devise a business dispute resolution procedure to enable differences to be resolved outside of court where possible.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Gravesend, Maidstone and Chatham that our specialists can meet you in.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call where needed.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help. Alternatively please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.