When it comes to children, emotions will always run high. It is important to remember that it must be their best interests that prevail; however moving forward with this in mind can be difficult in times of conflict which is why the help and guidance of a family law professional is invaluable.
Our lawyers are highly trained to deal with all aspects of legalities concerning children, and we are proud to have members of Resolution among our team, committed to resolving disputes in a non-confrontational and cathartic manner where at all possible.
We will aim to engage in mediation where at all possible before entering into court proceedings however in cases of domestic violence and abuse mediation will not be considered as an option.
Our specialist family lawyers can:
- advise you on your rights to see your child and to obtain a parental responsibility order entitling you to be involved in decisions affecting their life;
- advise you on your options when one parent proposes to live abroad;
- provide unmarried couples advice when it comes to child arrangements;
- take steps to protect your children from domestic violence or abuse;
- assess your personal and financial circumstances to give you an idea of the types of order a court might make;
- support you in exploring options for a negotiated agreement;
- apply to the court for a child arrangements order where a negotiated agreement cannot be reached; and
- apply to the court to enforce the terms of a child arrangements order which is breached.
We can also help grandparents who wish to secure the right to see their grandchildren and offer advice and support to families whose children have been taken into local authority care or put up for adoption.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tenterden, Maidstone, Gravesend and Chatham where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
We can also offer meetings by skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT.
Get in touch
Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help. Alternatively please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.