Property Dispute Resolution

To file a case concerning residential property it does not necessarily just need to be regarding the home you live in. There could be an issue with a tenant if you are the landlord, or a problem with your neighbouring houses, or conflict concerning land you wish to build on or that is near to your property. Even if you are not certain that your situation qualifies as a dispute it is always best to seek initial advice for confirmation to enable you to decide how to best progress.

Fortunately for all concerned residential property disputes tend to be resolved in a timely manner, however each situation is unique and if needed then occasionally a third party may need to become involved, for example a mediator or mediation organisation.

Working with both our conveyancing and litigation teams, our dispute resolution solicitors can assist you with:

  • rights of access and rights of way;
  • nuisance stemming from neighbouring property, including failure to stop the spread of Japanese knotweed;
  • problem neighbours, including claims of anti-social behaviour and harassment;
  • home improvements that have gone wrong, including disputes with architects, surveyors, structural engineers and builders;
  • planning policies or conditions affecting land you would like to develop;
  • development agreements concerning land you have agreed to sell;
  • restrictions that affect the use of your land, such as a prohibition on the conversion of an outbuilding;
  • possession claims;
  • attempts by your mortgage company to repossess your home;
  • disputes about the ownership of land, particularly in cases of joint ownership;
  • your rights versus the rights of anyone else who owns or rents the house you live in; and 
  • landlord and tenant issues and leasehold disputes, for example related to the terms of your lease or tenancy agreement, the return of rent deposit monies, a refusal to carry out urgent repairs or attempts to unlawfully evict you.

We will always try to resolve any matters outside of a court hearing where possible – mediation is a great tool we can use to help achieve this. However there may be occasions where this is not suitable and there may be no alternative but a court hearing.

If you need help to resolve a dispute about a commercial property you own, or if you are a landlord in need of assistance, our commercial property dispute resolution lawyers are on hand to provide advice and support.

Advising individuals throughout Tenterden, Kent and beyond

We have offices in Tenterden, Gravesend, Tonbridge, Chatham and Maidstone where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.

If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.


We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £95 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.

Get in touch with our property dispute solicitors in Tenterden, Kent

Call us on 01580 762248 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.


For further information please call to speak to one of our experts on 01580 762248